From HGTV Site ( https://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/trees-and-shrubs/fun-facts-about-trees )
While you’re sitting there, look up into the branches and think about some of these fascinating facts:
• Wind-blown cottonwood seeds can stay airborne for days before they land. In fact, they can fly longer than any other kind of tree seeds.
• The rings in a cut tree don’t just reveal its age. They can also show signs of environmental changes, like a volcanic eruption or severe drought.
• Trees help improve our water quality as they slow and filter rainfall.
• No other organism on Earth lives as long as a tree.
• A shade tree can help cool your home or office building by as much as 20 degrees in the summertime.