Tree service professionals of Georgia explain the benefits of having trees on your property.
Mature Trees Help Boost Property Value Along with Many Other Benefits
The relationship between urban areas and trees has perhaps often been a strained one. The trees take up space that might be used for a home or a business in an area where space is at a premium.
Fortunately for both the people in the city and the trees, trees perform vital functions not only in their natural settings but also in more civilized areas. This article will expound the reasons to keep trees in the urban landscape and how arborists can help your trees flourish.
What Kinds of Trees Improve Atlanta Property Values
Perhaps you are wondering if there is one tree that is guaranteed to maximize your property’s price. There is no silver bullet for trees. There are several types, though, that flourish in this area of the country.
If the trees are healthy and tree trimming is regular and keeps them away from the roof and powerlines, there are very few limitations beyond what is able to grow. Here are a few examples of trees that grow well:
- Crape Myrtle: These trees can be pruned and kept as large shrubs or can be allowed to grow tall and sprawling. Crape myrtles like the warmer moist weather and grow well in a variety of soils.
- Southern Magnolia: Few trees embody this area of the country like this evergreen with the huge white flowers. It is sure to be a conversation starter no matter the season.
- Live Oak: This large, long-lived member of the oak family needs plenty of space to grow, but needs very little attention otherwise. They are great climbing trees and can live for hundreds of years.
The Benefits of Trees for Your Property
Trees benefit more than just the homeowner; they benefit the entire community in which they are planted. Property values are really just the tip of the iceberg and those alone are worth anywhere between $1,000 and $10,000. Below is a list of a few other ways trees help the urban landscape.
- Trees make an area more attractive.
- Areas with trees have a greater sense of community.
- Areas with trees have a lower incidence of domestic violence.
- Trees help purify the air.
- Trees shelter houses against the sun and wind, reducing energy usage.
Along with all these practical reasons, there are the benefits like the fact that trees create a natural playground for children and attract animals to their branches for food and shelter. A whole ecosystem can blossom around a single tree.
Consult With A Reputable Arborist
If you are concerned about trees that you already have in your yard or are wanting to find the best tree to add, consider calling a tree service company for a consultation. They are about more than just tree pruning and tree removal. They are about tree health and plant health care. They can perform a tree risk assessment on your current trees to make sure they are healthy and are not endangering your property in any way and can advise you on what trees will work best for the yard you have.
About Boutte Tree, Inc.
Since 2003, Boutte Tree, Inc. has been serving the Greater Atlanta Area for all its tree service needs. Whether it is arboricultural services or tree removal, we are there to help. Call us today for a quote.