Here are some great tips for proper planting:
- Locate underground utilities before digging
- Dig a shallow hole. Holes should be 2-3 times wider than the root ball but only as deep as the root ball
- Make sure the tree is not planted too deep. This can cause new roots to not develop properly due to lack of oxygen.
- Place the tree straight in the hole. It will be helpful to step back to ensure the tree is straight and at the desired height.
- Not it’s time to fill the hole with soil! Pack the soil around the root ball, then fill the remainder of the hole pressing down firmly.
- Mulch the base of the tree
- Keep the soil moist by watering at least once a week
Boutte Tree plants tree for Keep Smyrna Beautiful Arbor Day Celebration